Sunday, March 29, 2015

Champions Of Life



Today Markus played in his final game as a Regulator, and he played with all his heart. This team lost to the Summit Select but not because they didn't try. His coach Mikko had this to say...

Dear Parents: 

During our pre-game chalk talk we listened to the song "Hall of Fame" many of the boys had tears in their eyes as we looked across the locker room in each others eyes.  We talked about BEING CHAMPIONS always where ever life takes us. 

It showed me how much each player cares for each other and their team "family"... 

It was even more difficult to find the words to express my gratitude and love for your boys in the locker room after our game.  Again, seeing the boys showed how strong their bonds of friendship are...they will be teammates and FRIENDS the rest of their lives.  The realization the season is over has hit me and it is not sitting well with me.  These feelings I know will pass but they sure sting right now.  

Thanks for letting your son play for the 2003 Regulator Team!

I am so proud of our boys our team!  You truly embody what Hockey stands for.  You are the greatest, You are the best, continue to be Champions in life.  You will always be on my walls of the Hall of Fame!!!

See you all at our Team Banquet Celebration at Airborne!

Coach Mikko

After dinner, a few of the boys wanted to watch the U-14 National Championships at the Oval. I loved watching the high level of hockey that was being played right in our backyard. It is not every day that you get a chance to see it. One lady from Chicago was talking to me during her son's game and she asked how old the boys were, since they wore their jerseys to get in free. When I told her peewee, she said, "Enjoy it, that is the fun stage of hockey." :)