Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Wheels

I read about a balance wheel. It goes something like this:

1-3 = suffering
4-6 = surviving
7-10 = thriving


  • work: financial & career {i just found out I only have to work one weekend a month now that iCentra implementation is over AND I received a hug and a raise $$$$ from my boss.}
  • intellectual stimulation: good reads {if you haven't read The Art of Hearing Heartbeats you are missing out.}
  • creativity & play: Jax & Grey taught me how to draw again :)
  • spirituality & sense of purpose: visiting teacher who came over on the very night I needed a hug. being a visiting teacher to someone who could use the same. 
  • rest & sleep: well that's a little harder when Jax was up from 2:30-4 am crying with an ear infection. but at least the /motrin/ kicked in after a little while. and then there's the night shifts but i'm getting used to those. that and a little red bull. 
  • good nutrition & exercise: thanks to iCentra going live my work has been feeding me two meals a day at each of my 4-5 {12-1/2} shifts a week. walking the floor for those hours gets my steps in. and walking Skip for loooong walks through the park helps too. 
  • relationships: family, friends, & community...my boys and sisters and friends and hockey community I love so much.



Oh, and happy first day of spring!