Friday, June 19, 2009

Scout Camp

Max had scout camp up Millcreek canyon on Wednesday and Thursday. It was his first camp as a Webelos scout and he had a great time especially shooting the guns. I forget that he hasn't been around guns much. I grew up being around guns, my dad has every type of gun imaginable and would give all of his kids a gun for Christmas or birthdays. We would go out and shoot targets but I wasn't very accurate. I think I am going to take Max up and let my dad teach him how to shoot some time this summer, I think he would really enjoy it.

Anyways, he had a great time riding up with all the younger scouts. He is the only scout his age in the den. But he still knows most of the younger kids and so had a good time, or so he said.

I actually remembered his permission slip and he packed his lunch the night before, since I was at girl night with my friends until late on Tuesday night. I had a great time, just eating dinner, shopping and hanging out at my friend Carol's house, with Heidi, Laurie, and Olivia until the wee small hours of the morning. It is like group therapy and I am so grateful to have such dear friends. Nicole was in California on a shopping trip, purchasing fabric for her swimsuits for next year I think. And Kelli was in California with her family for a wedding. It isn't the same with out all the girls there. But sometimes it is hard to get everyone together.