Monday, June 29, 2009

Smiley

Yesterday after church, Smiley baby (Hannah) wanted to come home with us. She wanted to come play at "Marker's" house, as she calls him. So I told her mom, Sharon, that she could ride home with us and that Markus could bring her home on the scooter.

Right after I took these photos, as she was riding home, the sash on her dress came untied, and got caught under one of the wheels. Before I could stop the scooter and gather her dress up, it was riped and dirty. I felt so bad, I told her mom that I would try to fix it and pay her for a new one.

I took the dress back home and spent the next hour repairing her dress. I think it looks pretty good, not perfect by any means but you have to look really close to see where I hemmed it again. Sharon won't take any money from me for a new one, so I will just have to go buy her one. Good excuse to go shopping for a little girls dress. She is such a darling little girl and was so much fun to have at our house. She told Markus, "I like your face Marker" while she was touching his cheek. She is not even two yet.