Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School






Markus started 1st grade today. He was so excited to go and had all his school supplies loaded into his backpack last night. He wouldn't hold my hand on the way into class and just walked right in when his line went in. I took some photos and kissed his check and then had to go outside before I lost it in front of the other moms. As soon as I made it outside, I couldn't hold back the flood of tears. As I walked around the corner I ran into a friend and she had tears in her eyes as well. She asked me if it was my first or last child and I could barely squeak out my last. She was nice and said it is hard after having kids at home for 14 years and now what are we going to do? I was wishing that I had my sunglasses on to cover up my puffy, bloodshot eyes, but I think she understood.
Max started 5th grade and likes his new teacher. He actually rotates through all 3 5th grade teachers, for different subjects. It is supposed to better prepare them for Jr. high but I also think it is fun for them to have more teachers throughout the day, to break up the time.
Morgen is in 9th. He goes to high school though for math which made his first day back a little tricky, taking him to two schools, but I think I have it figured out. I just pick him up after I drop the other boys off and take him back up to seminary, which is great since they aren't too strict if he is ever late getting there after math.