Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pokemon

Morgen has decided lately that he really likes Pokemon. He has been collecting the playing cards since he was 7 or 8 but didn't really get into it until a few weeks ago. Attending different tournaments, trading cards, buying new ones, he is thinking he's gotta catch 'em all. I guess. Anyways, he wanted to go to the World Pokemon Series yesterday at Sugarhouse park. So we went and he was in his element. He played in several rounds (or whatever they are called) and we brought a picnic.

Markus was loving the free blue slushees that they provided all day long and playing at the park.

I spent most of the afternoon looking at the sky, lying flat on my back on the blanket. I could not get up without feeling dizzy and had the chills. So I just stayed wrapped up.


Max played a little as well and won this new playing mat, but he gave it to Morgen.



Markus won the t-shirt and Morgen won the Poke ball. Which I might add, he was pretty excited about. Funny kid.
After the tournament was finally over I went to Insta-care to see what was wrong with me, because by then I could barely walk, I ached all over. I found out I have two infections, Strep throat and an UTI. So the Dr. prescribed some heavy duty antibiotics and said I should feel like a new woman by Monday. Hopefully he is right, because I feel like an old, sick woman today, just sleeping in bed for most of the day. Argh! Oh, and the pain med. he prescribed me, made me completely sick and shaky and when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I passed out and hit the wall on the way down. There is a huge dent in the wall and I woke up laying face down on the floor. I have never done that before, so weird. I am definitely not taking those again.
Oh, another crazy thing happened when I went to get my medicine. Wal-mart was closed so I went to Rite-aid instead. Right after I walked through the doors, there was this huge bang and the lady standing at the check out counter grabbed her leg. Then we both saw what had hit her, a golf ball! The driving range at Sports Authority is right next door and apparently someone had hit the ball so hard that it went right through the wall and hit her in the leg. You could see the hole in the wall where it had come out. I think she is going to be okay, but she filled out an accident report. So if you are ever in that Rite-aid make sure to duck when you come through the front doors.