Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas







I went to teach skating earlier this morning to my student Amanda who is going to be in the Christmas show next week. Then I ran home to pick up Max and Markus for a drop in hockey session. Markus was having a fit about some toy that he wanted, that Morgen showed him online. So he didn't end up skating but Max did and had a great time playing hockey for an hour and a half. I just held Markus in my lap and tried to talk to him about the concept of being good before Christmas, that Santa Claus is always watching, etc., but he was not listening, he wanted his toy today!






When I came home I decided to start spreading some Christmas cheer and put all the decorations out, except for the tree of course. I have to wait a few more weeks to buy that so that the tree doesn't die before Christmas.






My favorite decorations are the village pieces that I have started to collect. And my Grandma Jo's nativity scene that she made out of porcelain and hand painted and bejeweled each piece.