Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Good Fight

  
Markus had his last Lightning games of the season today.

His first one was this morning after his baseball game. They played the DC Wind and did they ever battle!

 It was tied at 1-1 by the end of the second period.
The wind came back to win it after a couple of errors and missed calls but what a battle.
Markus played like he was in the NHL!

Before the game I asked him if he wanted to ask his coach if he could play forward, instead of defense that he has been playing almost all season. He looked at me with this look of shock and said, "Why? I'm the best and they will score if I'm not on defense?!" lol I almost started laughing but decided against it. He believes it!





The second game this afternoon was against the Idaho Falls team they played yesterday and this time it was for third place.

Sad that it is over.
When Markus checked one of their players into the boards I knew he was playing like he wanted to win. He looked like he was a bantam or some one much older than he really is. They lost 2-1 but not because he didn't put up a good fight.

He told me on the way home that he wishes that the season wasn't over. That he could take a break for two days and have Tryouts again. Lol He also said that he loves hockey way better than baseball. :)