Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Time For Some Gratitude




{This is Markus' first time pitching in the Majors.}
Feeling grateful for:


  • This weather!!!! We're back in baseball season here.  :) :)
  • Whole Grain Bread. This has saved me completely. A friend of mine said he buys Dave's Killer Bread from Costco and I now I take a piece with me in my lunch bag at work most times in case I get in a bind and I can't take a lunch break, it's something to eat. (I toast it and add a little peanut butter.)
  • Water. Yes, I'm serious. The fact that water is clean and drinkable! (Though this isn't the case in all of the world.)
  • A paid-off car. (Better than a car payment every month on my tiny budget.) Little things are completely thrilling me these days.
  • A walk in the park.  I love where I live and take Molly there on most days.
  • Molly. (Her tumor that Max found on her mammory glands was cancerous). I love that our vet was able to remove it all and gave her a good prognosis and only charged me $475 instead of $590. 
  • New students. Yes, in a week I've already had four new students call me (in addition to wonderful established students and several friends that have me teaching their children.)
  • Wonderful, wonderful teachers who love my boys almost as much as I do!!! 
  • And happy, kind, loving boys who (get this) LOVE to eat ice cream. 
What are you grateful for today? I love to sit and think about it and make a list. Doing this during the darkest time of my life was actually a huge part of how I transformed it.

P.S. I am going to be off biking...again. I really can't believe it. I mostly entered the Little Red lottery for my friend Sharon. But I got in! And since - my sister, brother-in-law, nieces, and nephews are all up in Preston, and the bike ride starts in the town of Lewiston, how can I not go join them?! Sheri lives in a beautiful home with more than enough room for all of us. It's a beautiful, bike ride on the first weekend in June in Cache Valley and everyone knows each other. Off I go, my friend. My next adventure begins!