Monday, February 2, 2015

Choose Love

Making it a habitual practice to choose love changed Lara, the wiring of her brain, and her entire life perspective regarding what is important. Through her example I've learned there is one single action that has the power to transform negativity to positivity …disconnection to connection: Choosing love—choosing love as much as you humanly can.
Finally I am coming to the conclusion that my highest ambition is to be what I already am. That I will never fulfill my consistent seeking to become a more loving, and more grateful version of myself unless I first accept myself. And tonight at my sister's 49th birthday party I got the feeling there is more joy, more connection, more passion, more creativity, more conversation, and more healing waiting to be in accepting myself as I am. I cannot think of a better month than February to make a habitual practice of choosing love. I am blogging about a Choose Love 12-Day Challenge. Take a look. Maybe I will already have surpassed myself …
{Todd + Lara = Love}

  • Because good things start with love
  • Sometimes without a smile
  • Sometimes feeling ugly or worthless or inadequate
  • Sometimes alone and scared
  • Sometimes when she doesn't know what she is doing
  • Sometimes it's the last thing she wants to do
  • Sometimes when she doesn't have any more patience
  • Sometimes when she had no love to give

Lara still choose love, despite the obstacle of having cancer return to her body...despite the excuses she could have made...despite the mean surgery that will take out another part of her body, she continually shows love. Why? Because she never leaves the same way she arrives. 

She walks away a little lighter...a little more at peace...a little more hopeful...a little more grateful...a little more joyful. Love is always the right choice. She has never once regretted choosing love over all else. She has become The One she always wanted to be...

A listener
A hugger
A forgiver
A shopper
A risk taker
A silly grinner
A liver of Life