Saturday, July 16, 2016

Squad



Over the past year, I worked on two projects that left me wondering what’s next. You’ve likely caught a glimpse of the first, a 365 day photo project documenting my daily stories, posted here. For the second project, Labor and Delivery, I created a goal about the social and emotional impact on childbearing communities. I wove a network of positive examples (known as Peer tutoring which were historically used for teaching) and I shot a film over the course of a year to document life and living. One side of the coaching was open so I could learn from it. The other side displayed the CSS.

Max has exhibited his rebellion in two ways. The first was in Dating Presley where he received his first ear piercing from his friend Jenna to show the left ear with accompanying ice, stud, redness, and swelling of the making of the finished effect. The second was at the Drive In movie tonight, Secret Life Of Pets and Tarzan where he held another layer of contempt within the teenage environment of not texting me back. Thanks to all who helped support the Mahalo three year anniversary (including Jack, MHS student body officer, Maxi boy, Marko, Easton, Justin, the Jr. Mahalo and Sam) and to those of you who followed along on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.

Beyond showing my work progression, I found the daily practice of telling a story in words and images to transform my life the most. Being part of the L and D in IHC along with a number of skating clinics helped me see a larger vision for new work that includes travel and large group training. I’ll write more about our Colorado trip soon.

Until then, wishing you safe travels. Happy Mahalo Day.