Sunday, April 1, 2018

Put On Your Boots


Listen. 

I know what it's like to have a crippling mortgage. 

I know the stress of mounting medical bills. 

Of mouths to feed. Of requesting overtime hours under fluorescent lights. There is much of this in my blog and so I will simply cut to the chase: after much consideration of my financial crisis, I am fighting hard to carve out a life with little-to-no overhead. I budgeted only for needs, not wants. I've spent weekends and evenings building portfolios. I've eaten peanut butter sandwiches for dinner and called it lovely. I have decided to move to an area where I can sale my house on Homie and it will be possible to get the cash out, even probable, where I could live a flexible life that isn't dedicated or constrained by finances. I quit shopping for sport. I gave generously to each of my sons from the proceeds. I simplified in every area possible, and yes, there was a trade-off (there is always a trade-off). It was ever worth it.