Sunday, July 1, 2018

Stay Where You Are

Last Month

A young couple purchased our home off the internet on "Homie"
Tonight as we were moving out my boys asked me this:
Q: What was your favorite memory in our home?
A: Right now - When I was no longer afraid of losing it. When I was no longer worried about what would be our last night in it, about “losing my home,” about ruining everything I’d worked 26 years for. When those questions stopped being scary, I knew I was ready to risk it all. I knew I’d enjoy happily floundering around in failure more than smiling my way through success doing something I didn’t love.
When I stopped thinking about what the home looked like, and started to think about how I felt in it.
I don’t know what sort of crossroads you’re walking toward. I don’t know if it’s a relationship, a lifestyle, a diet, a career move, a parenting decision.
Maybe you just want to start singing opera. Maybe you just want to quit singing opera.
Whatever.
How do you feel in the decision?


p.s. If you feel great in the decision, congratulations! Stay right where you are.