Tuesday, August 21, 2018

How To Read This Blog

I want you to read this blog knowing two things:
These are examples, not expectations.
These are experiences, not posts.
I want you to read this blog in your voice, not mine. I want you to wrestle with what is written, to pin it down and hold it up to the light, see if it works for you, move on if it doesn’t. I want you to second-guess the ethical shoes I just bought you for school, and I want you to ask yourself if the pair of Adidas in your local thrift store are just as good (they are, if not better).
I want you to think about yourself – your complex, hopeful, curious self – and I want you to regard that self, protect that self, honor that self.
I want you to feel comfortable here in tenth grade. I want you to enjoy your time, and I want you to leave encouraged and rested and rejuvenated – ready to serve the ones you love in all of your daily complexities.
And then I want you to click “X” and let it be.