Thursday, May 9, 2019

The Person My Family Needs

Morgen, Max and Markus are my biggest priority; my proudest prize.


Motherhood and marriage are hard work and I’m fairly unapologetic about learning to be better at both. It’s an ever-evolving process – one that I do not take lightly. When Morgen was first born, the balance seemed pretty steady. The plates didn't spin too fast; the expectations weren't piled too high. Still somewhere along the way, I realized that – for me – the only plates I truly wanted to spin were the ones that held my family. And then it became easier. Far, far easier. And far more enjoyable. When I stopped fighting for the person I thought I wanted to be and – instead – embraced the person my family needed, everything shifted. Because it turns out, the person I want to be is the person my family needs. I cannot serve those beyond my four walls and neglect the needs within my own home.