Monday, January 27, 2020

Tunes

 My day is much the same as yours, I’d imagine.


There are windows of time in which I am remarkably present, refilling my water glass, pausing to take in the Beacon of Hope, lost in a riveting conversation with Markus about small intestines, sharks, small intestines in sharks.

And then there are the other times. Windows of time that feel underwater, prosaic. Moments where I live in my head, thinking, always thinking. Times where I distractedly spread pureed banana onto my bread instead of the avocado I thought I reached for. Minutes that blur together by as I makeeggsprepcoffeeuntanglehairtieshoeswashhandschartonpatientspeelorangesloaddishesofferBand-Aidsswitchthewhites…

It is in these minutes I pause, blink. Recalibrate, call for Martin.

Dance party? I ask, iTunes in hand, as he runs into the living room to turn on Google.

And so, this one’s for us all: Our Kitchen Dance Party Playlist

 



 

p.s. Tell me: what’s your go-to kitchen dance party song? I’d love to add it to our list!