Friday, May 1, 2020

You're Invited:

Want to write with me in 2020?

You might’ve noticed I fell way, way silent last year. After the incredibly kind response of my family and friends, I wanted to see what it would mean to write for me again. Not for a blog post, or an Insta caption. For my eyes only. No filtering, fluffing, or fixing allowed.⁠⠀
⁠⠀
And so began A Year of Reflection, where I sat down weekly with 1 simple passage and just a  journaling prompt to reflect on. Achingly simple, astoundingly profound.⁠⠀
⁠⠀
What I hoped would happen: I'd learn to hear myself.⁠ I'd break patterns. I'd finally learn what I wanted, not⁠ what I wanted to want.⁠⠀
⁠⠀
What actually happened: That - and everything⁠ else.⁠⠀
⁠⠀
I didn't expect a byproduct of confidence, this complete and unwavering clarity. I didn't expect improved writing, or braver conversations around the dinner table. Hell, I didn't expect to quietly untether myself from social media - but alas, wild things happen when you put pen to paper.⁠⠀
⁠⠀
So, round two. I'm doing it again, my simple 20 minute practice each week. But this time, I want you to join me.⁠