Wednesday, September 7, 2022

50


In the midst of the particularly trying lessons and growing experiences of the past 50 years

I have learned to hang in there like my life depends on it.

With the really big stuff, Candie also learned that very often, 

you're required to get to the point where your faith is the only thing you've got left because you've gone so far out of your comfort zone

that anything familiar or safe or rational

isn't even a blip in your rear view mirror anymore

It's like my dad who taught me flying

you have to focus on your faith



& surrender to the cosmic rock tumbler

because your only other option

is to freak out

& Markus taught me that is not the way to live.
He said as I was serving cake to everyone, "Mom, you don't have to do that anymore. You've spent 50 years taking care of everyone. Relax, now it's your turn."