![]() |
| On my 54th birthday |
![]() |
| I love my family |
![]() |
| Markus & Sam |
![]() |
| Max & Preslee |
![]() |
| Martin and the cake he bought at Tulie’s |
![]() |
| Monet and this Darlin hat she gave me |
![]() |
| I like celebrating Labor Day with a day off work |
![]() |
| I like Marilee’s hugs and the beautiful sapphire she gave me |
During brunch on the patio at Ruth’s Diner, I was thinking about an email I read recently that asked a surpassingly difficult question: What do you like?
Not what are the boys doing
Not what does Martin like
Not what makes sense at work
Not what can everyone agree on
What do I like?
Where would I go if no one else got to pick?
On a morning bike ride on this beautiful day
What would I do with a birthday afternoon that belongs entirely to me?
reading in the shade of our trees was just what I needed to rela
What would I learn even if I would never turn it into something useful?
Piano - I just completed the courses in Simply Piano and it felt so good just do something for fun
For years many of my choices have been organized around the people I love and the responsibilities I have had
I’ve been creating my own inventory of values and characteristics which has been teaching me that the roles I play aren’t the same as who I actually am as far as interests and desires and preferences. That moment when the roles are still there and the woman inside them remembers: the rest is still unwritten








