Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good Days


We all have good days and some bad days. Life is not about hoping or wishing for all good days, but accepting every moment of everyday for what it is ...precious. Loving this moment right now.


So, I have been reading the blog of Nienie for a while now. She is a friend of a couple of my friends, and yet I have never met her. I just started reading about her on one of my friends blogs and was so inspired by her story that I felt compelled to keep reading. And I have come to feel as though I do know her, through her blog. She is a wife and the mother of four children who was in a plane crash last August. I just read one of her posts from the other day that brought tears to my eyes. You can read it here.


I know she has inspired so many people through her example. This quote is from my friend Anne-Marie's blog about Nienie:


"But, since that dreaded crash last August, not a day goes by where my
thoughts do not turn to her. Just a regular mother and wife like me, with an
unthinkable accident that has certainly marked a new path in her journey. Yet
she has handled it with an immeasurable amount of faith and grace.

I know our problems will always be there. And in each of our lives, the measure of our trials may all be subjective, but we all suffer in one way or another."

Yes, I do have problems here and there. But I have good times too. I just have to stay present so that they don't pass me by unnoticed.

"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person who wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken, probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you have never been hurt. Because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never begin."