Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oops, I forgot

If you’ve been waiting all day for your daily dose of peach goodness with anticipation building, hoping as the hours went by that I was making you wait for something really good, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. The truth is, I forgot.

I hate to forget things, but it seems like I’ve been doing a lot of it lately. I was stuck in traffic on the freeway on the way to teach my skating lessons when I felt that recently-all-too-familiar pit in my stomach, the knowledge that I’d forgotten something, I just didn’t know what it was. And then it struck me, Morgen's orthodontic appointment.

The sad thing is, today’s episode in forgetfulness is just one in a long line of forgotten orthodontic appointments and text replies. Other things I’ve forgotten (just this week!) include:

* To make cute little handouts to remind the primary kids of their assignments for next week

* The names of two of the teachers of the Senior Primary as I was conducting Sunday. I looked up at a sea of faces, couldn’t remember what I should call either one.

* To buy my newest nephew a present for his birthday until it was too late. Instead, I went to the mall on the way to meet the new little guy, to pick up a set of onesies and the line at the gap was out the door. Little did I know that it was a one night only sale of everything in the store being 40% off. Needless to say, I did not make it in time to see him that night, as he was too fussy by then.

* To check to make sure I was decent before running out to the garbage to recycle the milk jug yesterday morning. I wandered out, ahem, less than presentably dressed, to find my neighbor standing in his driveway, not ten feet away from me.

I feel like I may be losing it, but it would help if I had some company in this forgetfulness party. What have you forgotten lately?