Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Doors



When Morgen's alarm went off at 6 am he jumped right in to the shower. 


I had no idea he would actually choose to sign up for classes this early in the morning. But as he was considering which major to go in to and looking at all the options, I took him out to the college to meet with his counselors two different occasions, and he really wanted to take this computer class. So he now has school earlier than when he had high school! And it's his choice. He is taking two computer classes, sociology, art history and scuba this semester. He already completed all of his math requirements when he passed the AP calculus test in 10th grade. And his scores were such on his ACT that he ineluctably has one English class. 


I'm so proud of him for his choices and excited for the new doors that are opening for him right now. He also starts two new jobs this week. So when I watched him walk in to his first college class today help me understand why I just bawled?! 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWMecluFs60

I watched this video on my phone, dried my tears and drove to my own class, Nursing Fundamentals (Fundy's). New doors are opening all around me.