Monday, September 7, 2015

This Is 43...



My birthday is today and after months spent holding onto 42 as if it were my last year to fully live, I’m happy to say, so this is 43! Finally, I’m embracing it, graduated and all.


I heard on the radio this morning, on the way to take Max to hockey that Chrissie Hynde and I share the same birthday. Aside from my brief dabbling with the band - Pretenders - during my junior high and high school years, I think being my forth decade of life deserves a 70’s style drum solo tribute, don’t you?


Here’s what I know so far. My 40’s have all the makings to be the decadent years, my soaring age if you please.


Breakfasts with egg and mushroom casserole in bed. Long walks in the rain. Lunch dates. Photo shoots.


Hiking trips. A supportive outpouring of love from family and the best birthday present ever from my Mom and Dad (they made this picnic complete with balloons and cake and gardenias and cards).


A 2Pac rockout and so much more. Thanks for being part of it all. I’m off to celebrate and have more cake.


Note: The walk around Silver Lake was so popular this year. You could also skip the walk and sit down to watch the young bull moose with his mom for a more mellow version.


I hope your Labor Day was beautiful and peaceful as well. Thanks for working so hard.