Monday, April 3, 2017

Lip-Sync

to Beiber

1. Amidst hip-hop and rap music in the karaoke/party room, big boys giggling hysterically - and contagiously.
2. A crystal clear afternoon in Ohio (Cleveland's version of Central Park). My charming, young 17-year-old son, Max, chats me up for half an hour. He compliments me like crazy and says thank you for taking him to Nationals. He tells me he loves me. He even tells me he appreciates all that I did for his team.  The gratitude: This varies in sharp contrast to the really cool Markus I see these pictures of afterwards, with whom I (sadly) play musical states (we are both too far away from each other to see him on the way home).
3. Brilliant skate out with Gavin and Beau to practice for the Kodiaks. Lots to ponder (excellent team). Little did I imagine I'd end my visit texting, albeit poorly, over the flight home. Just the same, it is confidence-building.


for the week of Spring Break...
back in Colorado
a little extra:

1. My seat mate from Chicago to Salt Lake was a jolly elderly dude. He showed me his doctor's certificate: ‘this man has a steel heart.’ Four and a half years!
2. My son Morgen picked us up at the airport and included news of his interview. It seems he not only got the job he was hoping for with Deloitte but also an offer with EY. To say he was ecstatic is an understatement.

3. It's beautiful here in the spring.