Thursday, March 15, 2018

Connection

Slow Living is for connection

for having the space in our day to welcome an impromptu visit to the mall

for having the space in our mind to open the door to the car even though it's scary to let someone else drive.

It's thinking about the way we live, and asking ourselves why.

-

And, of course we can do all this in any season, at any moment. 

But, if you feel buried, here's a shovel. 

Do not victimize yourself. 

You aren't buried alive until you're buried alive. Call it what it is: resist your urge to exaggerate your current state of living. Chances are, if you're reading this, you are noticing a bit of a chasm between the life you lead and the life you want to lead. Here's a secret: we all have this feeling. We all have this gap. There is nothing broken in me that isn't broken in everyone else. I've been conditioned to want something different than what I have been given. But, I've also learned that I have two choices: (1) Chase someday, or (2) Accept today. I have chosen the latter. I am here. I am breathing. I am alive. I am well(ish). For now. And for now, that is enough.