Tuesday, April 21, 2020

My COVID Experience

Three Good Things I Did Today...
  1. I lived another day. 
This is not pessimistic but grateful thinking. I woke up healthy, breathed fresh air, enjoyed working, driving, cooking, smiling, talking, watching friends post about their adventures during the COVID pandemic. 

2. I improved myself. 

I didn't just do what I needed to do, but I made steps to embrace what is possibly the hardest time in most of our lives. I didn't break down, instead I worked towards improving the situation. I spent time reading, planning things, preparing for finals, signing up for fall classes, and learned a few new things. 

3. I made differences to people. 

In my own small ways. Figured out a way to help our immunocompromised patient's feel safer with masks and private rooms for waiting, called my family on Group FaceTime and shared my care, spoke to my near and dearest, and worked on a couple of blog posts. 

I do a lot of things everyday, but what's the most important ones among them? All may be trivial and taken for granted, however, I'm grateful to live them, and to find strength to keep moving even during such a difficult time.