Monday, October 1, 2012

Faith Vs. Fear

I have been thinking a lot about making choices. One of God's greatest gifts to me is the power to choose. I really believe that I can have faith instead of fear.

I want my boys to understand that the choices they make now will effect who they are and the path I hope they choose to follow.

I know there is a a healthy way to live and be happy- it is choosing faith everyday. I look at my beautiful boys who will see and experience disappointment, frustration, sadness, and pain in their lives. It will break my heart, but I also have faith that God is in charge and He will guide them through if they allow Him too. I am learning. Trials are not all bad.

If I feel lost and lonely and feel sad or afraid I know there is always time to change. Sometimes making healthy choices is hard. Sometimes that choice is unpopular or seems so hard, however, I know that making better choices today, right now, will make them happy forever.

Sometimes I feel inadequate or like I have made too many unwise choices that I can't change my ways, yet I know that through God this change is possible.

At least that is what I am learning and teaching my boys.