Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Want To See His Smile

As Max was packing for his hockey tournament this weekend, I watched and waited. I started thinking...

I will study you. I will listen to you. I will watch your face when I use certain words. What brings smiles? What brings pain? I will make a note. I will use words that build you instead of break you. When I see that something I do makes you feel sad or rejected, I will remember and try not to do it anymore.


I will tell you all the positive things I notice about you, instead of pointing out where you fall short. There’s enough people who will do that. I will be your encourager. I will be your #1 fan. I want to hear you laugh. I want to see you smile. I want to watch you shine.

Max, I want to love you by your book and witness your amazing story unfold. Go get 'em in Rochester.