Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Love Story: Companionship

Reading through some emails today made me think about companionship - and how it is hands down one of the greatest blessings in life!!  I so hope you have felt it too!!!  I think it can come in so many forms - through a spouse, sibling, friend, child, parent, or pet.  I've said before that Markus when he was little my little buddy. He was so cute.  And well - I think potential boyfriends & girlfriends that you meet on line can even feel like companions on those days you would otherwise be alone.

Today I had to post this picture (taken in July before she got sick) of our CUTE dog who we love.  Molly is the dog of my oldest son. Yet she has been with me through so many good and bad times, and licked the tears streaming down my face when I was going through divorce. And yes, her cancer is back, and just like that she is about to die. :( We had surgery done and X-rays and drug treatments and injections but it has infiltrated her lungs and bones now and made her go blind. Max carries her outside everyday for her to go potty and Markus gives her medicine to her wrapped up in a piece of cheese. She couldn't have been a better companion.  

Who is your companion? Have you had any pets die? How did you help your children mourn?