Monday, January 12, 2015

Things I Am Happy About

I urge you to 
Please notice 
When you
Are
Happy
And 
Exclaim or
Think or
Murmur at some point
"If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

{Ham and Bean Soup}

My first day of Med Surg 2 started today and I expected to be there from 8-5. Instead after 1 hour, my instructor said that we could go. I couldn't believe it. An unexpected day off. So guess what I did? I came home and made soup. 

Morgen started his first class of this semester and I dropped him off on the way to hockey. Max had his last regular season game for high school and Markus had a practice at the same time. And at the same rink. Max has loved playing this season. His coaches, team mates and fans have been incomparable. And they won the game tonight vs Skyline 4-3 to be undefeated (except for Viewmont). 

Tonight's List of Things To Be Happy About

  • an unexpected day off
  • people who smile when it's raining
  • soup
  • butterflies in your stomach
  • compliments from strangers
  • mango smoothies
  • being on time
  • late night showers
  • catching up with old friends
  • snow angels
  • people telling you that they miss you
  • feeling pretty
  • new semester
  • cold water to drink
  • discovering pretty songs
  • happy sons
  • boys sitting in the back seat with a book
  • long walks
  • being brave enough to be authentic 
  • yummy smell of dinner ready in the crock pot 
  • being confident
  • clean sheets
  • reading old messages