Sunday, November 8, 2015

74 Things I ❤️ About My Mom



I love….
Her thirst for travel * Her ability to talk to anyone * Her fearless attitude toward adventure * Her laugh * Her strength * Her resilience * Her bond with her daughters * The way she can connect with other people * Her always super soft skin * Her sense of humor * Her motivation * Her cooking * Her wittiness * Her knowledge about natural remedies * Her love for snap-up house dresses… haha * That she can be happy in luxury or a huddle in a hill * Her green thumb * How when I need her, she is there How she is often looking for a way to help others * How she can whip up a feast in 10 minutes when the cupboards are bare * Her tenacity * That she has everything but needs nothing * How some of her awesomeness rubbed off onto me * Her creative side Her beauty, inside and out * That I know she always has my back * How forgiving she is * Her stories, she should write a book – seriously, Mom * How she listens to what her dreams are telling her * That she believes in Heaven The way she dances, turns and all * That she knows how to ice skate * How she can tie knots that will not come undone * How she loves to go out to eat * How we have the same eyes * Our shared love for Asian food, Mexican food, Seafood and pretty much all food How she supports me and my boys * How she reads every single blog post of mine * That even when she lived far away, I still felt close to her * That she moved back to UT  * That she does not give up * That she respects my opinions That she can rig fishing poles up like a pro * That she knows how to do almost everything (at least it seems that way to me) * Her helpfulness with the family * Her love for animals * That she is not afraid of bugs, specifically spiders * That she is comfortable in her own skin That she tells it like it is * Her intuitiveness  * That she was a young mother * Our tight knit family * That she admits her weaknesses * How she taught me how to ice skate Her generosity * Her optimism * Her bluntness * How she texts * Her brown eyes * Her style * How she makes sewing look so easy How on April 27th, 1982 she did not give up * How at her weakest moment, she was still positive * Our connection * That we are Kindred Spirits * How good she is at Scrabble * Her hospitality Her cream chicken and potatoes * Making snickerdoodle cookies * What a hard worker she is * Her health * Her uniqueness * Our friendship That she is my mother
Happy 74th birthday Mom! XO 

B