Saturday, January 23, 2016

From that to this...



First day on the ice ~2 years old

Some days we were run entirely by our bodies. He danced in his crib, exhausted but waiting, for what I couldn’t tell yet. I read him pages from Max, nearing the end and half afraid of what might happen on the next page. When I took him to Sun Valley, Darlin put him on the ice with her. She lifted him up, balanced and posed him, and he skated after that. Skating seemed trickier to find in the afternoon, though it was often when I had the time. I made sure he could come along when he wanted to, and he usually wanted to, and waited for his words to tell me he wanted to play hockey. 

Max scored the go ahead goal yesterday in Ohio and had another goal and an assist on top of that. The Grizz beat Cincinnati 6-1.