Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Joy & Laughter

In the new year!


We had fun on our Target run...

Bam. First thing. Obama crying about shootings. We couldn’t mend it. I shut the tv off and packed up Markus' snowboarding gear. Thirty Five degrees outside. Max just wanted to nap. I thought he might skip school all together. Even then, he slept in a 1/2 hour, maybe. I clocked in at work and charted a few strip reviews. Not much to check off. Epidural in a mom and soup for lunch. I cleaned her off and she went off to work on breastfeeding, showing me lots of respirations and delee'd 20 mls (my nearest interpretation) in the works. I made two printouts of the delivery record from the 4 hours, one plain and one with baby information, no feeling in her legs still so it would have to do. Despite the cold and overall state of the world, the light outside shone soft against the tree, like a cradled bird egg, robin blue tucked behind the clouds.