Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Under The Sun



Monday: Not much house cleaning done but a pot of soup made. It was 7:25 pm when I finally sat on the porch to write. The boys were wide awake. It was warm enough to wear shorts and tee shirts. I made smoothies for them and watched them play street hockey in the circle. They built an open-air shooting range from plastic boards and sticks. On our drive home from school, Max picked up a new hockey stick and told me a long story about hockey in Canada. We ate dinner together in the kitchen. One of the geese who are living on our street honked in attack. The boys ran over towards me and I went inside for a piece of bread. Of course, this had the geese following us everywhere. It started with juice, missed school, and last minute shift changes, which set the tone for the rest.