Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Priorities

1. Dough. Max's at this thing. He met this nice guy from Ventura, CA. He'd like to work only in the mornings; I'd like to him share his hockey bill. I talk about taking baby-steps. He is half-in agreement, half-asleep. My bills are half-due, half-coming due. We take advice from his team manager to talk to someone named 'Paddy'. We hope he can help him find a job that he hasn't already applied for on-line. The idea is thick and creamy like pizza dough.

I've always liked people from California.

2. Birth. I'm at this thing. I see this schedule feature titled The Recovery. I learn about the mom and baby and the water breaking. Inspired by the perseverance and the conviction of its people, I get a reminder I must make my appointment with the dentist tomorrow. ‘If the people lead, the leaders will follow.’

I've had this visit on my calendar for 6 months with the dentist.

3. Win. We're at this thing. I re-meet this nice guy from hockey. We drink water and talk about ... well, we talk about all kinds of banner raising things. He is a writer and communicator who keeps on keeping on ... and even though we should both call it a night, we can't. Priorities? These are the moments.

I've always liked kindred creative spirits.