Monday, February 8, 2010

Be grateful for this moment...for this moment is your life!

in an attempt to appreciate each moment, here is a list of 8 things I'm grateful for today....


1. my down comforter. nothing could keep me warmer on a cold, winters night than my fluffy comforter. perfection!

2. exercise. without it i would be even more insane than i am right now...

3. texting: my sister Monet texts me little messages and reminders that cheer me up. like yesterday. when I inquired as why she sends them she said she is just praying every day how she can help someone. it makes my day whenever I get them!

4. texting (again): I took Morgen to lunch today for his 1/2 birthday. and he immediately sent me a nice text thanking me. he is such a great boy. i adore him.

5. pens & paper: both Max & Markus love to use paper to make all sorts of artworks....notes, sketches, drawings, cards, even paper cups and valentine cards. i love finding them all over the house. i love those boys!

6. Simon: nearly every tuesday evening for the last two weeks, i try to get the boys down to bed at a decent time so I can watch an episode or two of American Idol. love watching it on DVR so I can watch more than one episode a week. without commercials.

7. this quote: "Whatever you think people are withholding from you - praise, appreciation, assistance, loving care, and so on - give it to them. The law that outflow determines inflow is expressed by Jesus in this powerful image: "Give and it shall be given unto you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap." Abundance comes only to those who already have it." - E. Tolle

i came across it this week and was grateful for the reminder that sometimes things seem unfair, but of course they aren't. It is a universal law. Both abundance and scarcity are inner states that manifest as your reality. Jesus puts it like this: "For to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away."

8. my friends: always there for me in time of distress or need, good times and bad. and their example of unconditional love and service to their children continually amazes me.