Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day

First day of tenth grade for Morgen. When the alarm rang at 6:30 this morning I remembered why I don't get up early to exercise any more. It was still dark outside. I made cinnamon muffins and eggs with O.J for breakfast and then sent him out the door, his sophomore year is under way.   



First day of sixth grade for Max and second grade for Markus. (Markus picked out his shirt that says, "I bring the Jam", "and you're toast" on the back)
Back to school


Max was so emotional today. I haven't really ever seen him like that before the first day of school. He said it was because it is his last year in elementary school. 

Markus jumped right in line and waved goodbye. He was excited for school to start this year. He really thrives on structure and being with his friends.


Unloading all the school supplies that he brought with him to class. He truly learns with joy and enthusiasm.


*****

I was fine after I drove away from school, until I pulled into the gym parking lot. Then I saw a lady holding her little boys hand walking in, and I just lost it. It seems like I was just walking hand and hand with my little boys yesterday, either to go in to the gym or the rink. And now they are all in school all day long. I know that I adjusted to it last year and that I will find ways to fill my day while they are away, but I truly do miss them so much when they are gone.