Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Loony

I love being a mother.



I love playing tag in the back yard.
I love reading together in bed.
I love making lego creations.
I love hearing the kids roar into the house after school.
I love singing and dancing in the family room.
I love sitting on the bed talking with one of my boys.
I love listening to my seven year old belly laugh.

There are just so many things that I love about this time of my life.

So why is it that I found myself yesterday hiding in the basement writing on here? Why was I so excited to escape to my Primary meeting last week? Why do I collapse into bed every night and listen so happily to the silence?

I am a flesh of contradiction. I eschew what I love. I revel in the solitude I used to lament. I hide chocolate around the house for an emergency.

Madness, I tell ya’. Madness.