Monday, February 14, 2011

{Heart} Day


{Markus finished signing all his Valentine's yesterday ~ with a little help from his brother}

{They counted them all out exactly and figured out that they could each eat one of the left overs}

Happy Love Day Happy Love Day Happy Love Day Happy Love Day



My love day included:

7:00 am...crepes for breakfast{woke up at 6 am...(to make the batter)}




{Chocolate Raspberry and creme crepes}


8:30 am...drop off the boys to school (Morgen has late start on Mondays)

9:00 am...came home, took a shower, morning clean-up

9:30 am...back up to school to pick up Markus

10:10 am...Markus has cracked tooth extracted at the dentist office -
I was helping him floss his teeth last night when I heard a crack - and out came part of his tooth. It was a tooth that had a filling in it and the pressure from the new tooth coming in from underneath caused it to crack. My great dentist - Dr. G - was so nice to fit us in today. Thanks to him Markus was not in pain today {not for too long anyways!} and was able to eat all his Love Day treats. 
 


{Trip to the treasure chest before heading back to school}


11:40 am...back to school - just in time for his VIP poster too! He is the VIP in his class this week because his birthday is tomorrow, remember? Mrs. Wetsky {student teacher} helped him hold his poster while he described what he was doing in each photo. Then she opened the floor up for questions. Markus called on all of his friends in turn to answer. 
 






















12:30 pm...lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in Old Mill.

{Looks too good to eat}


1:30 pm...back to school {again!} for Markus' Love Day party!

{Sugar Cookie Decorating}

{Muah!}

Markus' mouth was still a little numb even after 4 hours
{Mrs. D reading 'Froggy's First Kiss'}


2:05 pm...text from Morgen asking me to "Pick up some chocolates for Brittani"
{He picked up the flower when we stopped at Dan's for a drink}


3:30 pm...pick up Max and Markus from school and go to the rink to teach

5:30 pm...make pesto tortellini for dinner

6:00 pm...Sheri came over to to pick me up for the
Paul Cardall Concert 
She asked me last month if I would like to go to the "Celebration of Life" Concert with her and I thought it was the perfect thing to do on Heart Day! So she bought us a pair of tickets and brought all her kids over to my house so her daughter Tori could babysit. Thanks Tori for giving up your Valentines night with Dillon so we could go - you are such a sweetheart! <3
{My sister and I before the concert at the silent auction}

{An inspirational concert}

*******************************






Every single penny generously donated has the power to directly affect the lives of families associated with congenital heart disease. Our foundation, which my wife Lynnette and I started after I received a heart transplant and an overwhelming embrace of community support, has no paid employees and is devoted to provide education, fund research, and assist fellow organizations and individuals associated with congenital heart disease and other related congenital disorders. Funds acquired go directly to the following:
1. Scholarships
2. Public and private awareness and general education to help bring greater attention to congenital heart disease patients in an effort to prevent premature death, prolong the health and well-being of congenital patients.
3. Seed money for Federal grants associated with selective research projects making a difference in the lives of patients.
4. Financial aid to organized support groups dedicated to strengthening the emotional, mental, and spiritual lives of patients and families.

Again, our foundation greatly appreciates your support and all of those who worked so hard to make a difference. - From Paul Cardall's blog; Living For Eden.

Paul Cardall gave an amazing concert to Celebrate Life tonight. After the concert Sheri, her friend Ashley and I went to buy a c.d. of his songs and his new book "Before My Heart Stops".

After hearing his story, I am pondering the question, "What do I need to do with my life...before my heart stops?"


{Ashley won the princess basket for Josslyn that she bid on at the silent auction}