Monday, March 21, 2011

Awards Night

Max holding the "Sportsmanship" plaque

Austin and Max

Max receiving his trophy

with coaches Doug and Abel

The whole Sioux team
Max's fourth year of county youth league hockey concluded with awards night. He was laughing when he learned that his team had won the "Sportsmanship" award. Which was presented to the team with the lowest number of penalty minutes for the entire season (aka losing the most games!). He had a fun time playing with his friends Austin and Max this year. He and Markus also wanted to stay and skate with all the pee-wees in the league. They talked me into coming out on the ice with them and I had a good time playing around on the ice. Even though I am on the ice about five hours a day on most days, I really don't have the chance to skate that much. Not that I can really even skate any more, my body just doesn't move the way it used to when I was younger. That and my jeans don't stretch enough either. :)

Between snowboarding this morning with my friend Kelly and skating tonight - I will be sore tomorrow. Still it was fun skating with my boys.