Saturday, March 12, 2011

Last Game

Markus and Max both had their last hockey games of the season today. I am sad that it's over - it is such a great experience for both of the boys, and for me. Markus told me after his last practice Thursday night that he couldn't believe it was the last practice, that the whole season has gone by quickly because, in his words, "When you are winning, the games go by so fast." I feel like I won't get to see my hockey family for a long time. In fact one of Max's Lightning coaches, Shane, came up to me after the game and gave me a hug and said that his daughter Vivi was going to miss seeing me and that she had made something for me. It was an adorable hat that she had knitted. His wife helped her and it is so soft, I will think of her every time I wear it. His wife was also telling me about the competition that Vivi went to in Jackson Hole yesterday and that she took first place. They saw my sister Darlin up there, and Shane used to skate guard with her when my parents ran the Triad Center ice rink. He also used to play hockey with my brother Adam. It is such a small world.

{Some photos from today}
{Falcons all lined up and ready to play}
{Owen, McKay, Markus, & Garrett}

{Aiden, Luke & Luc}

{Aiden, Sam, Cannon, & Diesel}

Falcons won against the Kings today 16-0

The Undefeated Mite Champions!
Hockey =
good friends +
great coaches +
FUN!!!
{Even though Max's team the Sioux lost 5-0 to the undefeated Gophers- Max had a great game and was trying so hard}
Marko and Bryce
{ Max and his Sioux coach Abel}

Abel just returned from Hawaii today and was evacuated from his hotel room due to the Tsunami warning. He and his wife were telling me that it was a very scary time. I can only imagine how terrifying it must have been to be in Japan during the earthquake and tsunami. So sad for all of the lives that were lost in the disaster.
{Max and Markus, great job on an outstanding season!}
<3