Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What are you proud of?


Max's Lightning Trophy
I don’t seem to have anything to post on tonight. No worries. It happens. And usually when it does, I let the blog sit blank for a day.


But on this the last Tuesday of March 2011, I want to hear your thoughts. I want to hear what went well or what you did well so far this month.

For Morgen it’s been a difficult day. The PS3 is broken; he is sick and just discovered that his girlfriend lied to him. He has broken up with her, again, and I think he means it this time. He changed his status on Facebook.

But there have been successes too, Max had his awards ceremony tonight where he received his trophy and Morgen is at a concert with his friend Austin, which he never would have gone to had his PS3 been working and if Brittani was still his girlfriend. But the most glowing, fantastical joy of March 2011 is my boy’s love for each other.

It’s been a long time coming. Kids fight; siblings compete. Three boys create a hug testosterone imbalance at my house (and their little dog Molly is just as wild). But my kids have finally caught the vision of working and laughing together, most of the time. Except for Saturday. Yeah, I almost forgot about that. They were fighting about who wanted to do which chore. Max wanted to still do the dusting and Markus wanted to trade picking up Molly's poo for dusting instead (can you blame him?) but it turned into an all out battle. I wanted to runaway, and I don't just mean in my car. It wasn't my proudest moment. Yeah, except for that I mean they have been better about working together.

Do tell. What has been your greatest success of 2011 so far?