Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

9/11 Flag recovered from the World Trade Center
Where were you when you heard the news of Osama's death? I was downstairs when Max came running in from playing outside to tell me that he heard the news from his friends. After turning on the news to find out more information, it was hard to believe. It was almost ten years ago, 9/11 and now the news was saying justice had been served. I agree that this historic moment will bring some closure to families of the victims of September 11th. However, I was reading about it online and found this perspective: A teacher at Holy Cross High School in New York City was Father Francis Grogan. Father Frank, as he was called, was also a chaplain for the New York Fire Department. I guess you can figure out for yourself what's coming next. Father Frank was tending his flock on Sept. 11, 2001 when he died along with many members of his congregation at the World Trade Center. Father Frank was a man of peace, so I doubt that he would celebrate the death of his murderer. But I bet he would pray for the souls of the people that died that day and their families. He might also pray for bin Laden's soul and hope that it would find redemption. But I'm sure he would hope that bin Laden's death would lead to an era of peace between all the worlds brothers and sisters.