Sunday, June 12, 2011

Max's Summer List

Since I have a summer fun list from the youngest, I thought it would be nice to get one from the middle kid too. Max was twelve in May, so his list is a little flashier than Markus'. He's not one for picking flowers, and simple pleasures to him usually involve physical activity. Though he reads and eats, they are not the main attraction.


I told Max to make a reasonable list, meaning nothing too costly. "Make it cheap or free," I said. He heard me, aside from the lagoon and white water rafting, which he was nice enough to warn me would be expensive.

There were some things I would not have guessed, like surfing. "You mean, like in the ocean?" I asked him. He said he wanted to learn how to surf. But in a pool. Like surfing without the waves and the sharks.

And last, Max would like to get faster at skating. Of course, to my kids, isn't every day a skating day?