Monday, March 23, 2015

Angels Around Us


{My friend Heidi's daughter Jessie went on a mission to Sweden in September}
The following excerpt is from an experience she had last week: 


I'm a little shaken up at the moment. Sys C. and I just finished up some shopping and were heading to the library to email. The library is in the big mall by our house and there are always beggars, usually from Romania sitting outside the mall's entrance. As we walked up, there was a woman attacking the beggar woman sitting there and the beggar was just crying "help me, help me." There were a few people standing around, watching but not doing anything. So of course Sys C. and I approach kind of apprehensively and gently pull the attacker away and just stand as a barrier between them. Neither of them spoke English or Swedish so we had no idea what the problem was. The attacker kept yelling at the beggar. As soon as we stopped them from fighting, other people approached to try and help. One man could speak their language and told us the attacker had wanted to beg where the beggar was. She was saying it was her spot or something like that. Someone called the police or security, so the beggar was no longer in danger. We comforted the beggar then went on our way. I couldn't hold back my tears. I seriously felt God's angels protecting us and the beggar. I have never felt so much like a literal representative of Jesus Christ because I knew we did just what our Savior would do. I felt God guided us there right at that very moment. But I am a little disgusted with humanity right now haha. We have no idea how long the woman had been crying out for help, but it took two little immigrant girls to do something. How could so many people look on? And now I'm thinking how often I have been guilty of being a cowardly bystander. And how important it is to be worthy of the Spirit always so that we can have the courage to act when moments like that come. So that it is a no brainer to help people. I know the Lord is looking out for us and giving us opportunities to serve Him and others constantly. We have to make sure we are living our lives right so that choosing the right is our first desire.