Sunday, April 12, 2015

Nest: (n.) a place of retreat, rest, or lodging.

As I was sitting on the porch swing after church today, I noticed the little nest on my porch. Can you see it up in the left hand corner? I love watching birds make their retreats. I love that making them is accomplished by both the male and female birds. 

I'm not a feminist. Still - I love this story of the one time pay inequality worked out well for women. 

A friend and fellow nursing student - Kim told me about her daughter and some friends who hosted a bake sale last month selling cookies to men for $1, while the same cookies were sold to women for 77 cents. 

"Because in America, for every dollar a man makes, a woman only makes 77 cents," Kari, a member of the Young Democrats Club at their high school. "So we're raising awareness for this. So boys will pay a dollar and girls only pay 77 cents."

Not everyone at the school appreciated the price difference, with some calling into question the accuracy of the statistic.

"They didn't think it was fair and I said yeah, it's not fair. That's why we're doing it," she concluded.

It made national news and it made me think. 


A flower doesn't compete with the one next to it. It just blooms. 

I can't promise to update daily, or post pretty pictures all the time. I doubt I'll ever host a giveaway, and I'm probably not the most fashionable blogger.

But I promise always to be genuineauthentic, honest, ME.

Because what's the point of being... 
if I can't be myself?