Tuesday, April 14, 2015

You're The Light

Late Sunday afternoon I felt a heart-stirring sense of urgency so I said no to another request. I said no to a pile of laundry. I said no to my notebooks of homework, my dust bunnies, and my dirty dishes. I said yes to blading down a trail with my boys.


We got to the end of the winding pathway along the river feeling triumphant and connected. After we ate our pizza, I stretched out my tired legs. The sun relaxed me as the spring breeze blew back my hair. The next thing I knew, there was one son on each side of me. With no space between our hands, we skated in silence warming our dry winter skin in the sun’s warm light. 

That’s when Markus turned and looked straight into my soul. He said, “This is pretty cool, Mom.” But what my joy-filled heart heard was, “Life is pretty cool.”

Life is the party.
Life is the gathering place.
And the heartbeat.
It is the celebration.

By the grace of God and many, baby steps toward the light, love and connection, I am fully alive and well with my soul.

My friend, where do you find yourself today?