Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015



I listened to Conference this morning.

And I cried. Several times.

I had forgotten how much joy I can feel in the right church setting.

I had forgotten how light my heart feels when I'm worshiping God, when I can feel His love pouring over me, when I'm just so happy to be in His presence. 
Especially This Talk.

It's been six months since I've listened to Conference. I only remember the choir singing I Am A Child of God last Fall.

I haven't attended Conference in a long time, since Markus was a baby, in fact.

It made sense at first. I woke up so early most of the time, and I just wanted to sleep in on Conference Sundays. Then I am working two jobs, and I often had to work on Sundays.

But reading that paragraph, all these decisions that made perfect sense at the time now just come off as excuses to me now.

Max and I listened in the car on the way to the Oval, for his second hockey session of the morning. I need to set a better example, and today I took that first step.

As Max was getting dressed and undressed in the locker room, I walked around the track. I was raised in a conservative Mormon home, but I knew I needed to find a better way than trying to buy my Salvation with good works. The merger of Christ's grace with my good works is a contender.

While I didn't completely follow the entire afternoon session of talks (there's a lot of repetition, and they used interrupters for reading stuff), I did love the talks given this morning. Plus the choir sang my two favorite Easter hymns!


After we left Market Street for brunch, I've been a bit busy with Max's hockey development camp and my parents visiting, but I loved sitting down with my mom on the swing and enjoying her company, it has been years since we have done that.

I want to feel this joy and peace again. I want to celebrate God's love every day, not just on Easter Sunday. I just hope that I remember how I feel today in a few weeks.