Thursday, December 3, 2015

Marshmallow Elves



I wrote the post first. Then stumbled through morning. Listened to updates on the San Bernadino violence as the kettle came to a boil. I gave Markus cough medicine then sent him off to school with his finished homework. I meant to set an alarm then I forgot again. My memory was shot. Sleep deprivation and whatnot. I drove to Walmart to pick up food for the winter. Mud caked the wheels I just washed. Silver streaks lined the street and sky. As I approached the mall, two little boys ran to greet Santa. He wandered in and out of the booth with the elves on his heels. Holiday lights were hung inside where the shops were selling clothes in large crates and bins. I spent too much. Already hungry, I left after a few times down the corridors. At last, hockey.