Friday, December 18, 2015

Nothing worth having comes easy



After cleaning up a little around the house for most of yesterday, I decided a car ride was in order. Chances were good Morgen would be done with his final and I could watch Max practice. Both happened. In between we drove to a coffee shop after picking Morg up from school. I stood in awe. I watched him finish folding his laundry and as he told me he finished this semester with a 3.85, I tried to find my words, pick up his books, and balance a hot cup of hot chocolate. Forget traditional superheroes, in that moment, I wanted to tell him that I was completely, totally proud of him, a young man who destroys evil, has his name on the dean's list, and is invited to two honor societies. I could have used extra arms to hug him tigther plus a banner.